Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Red Couch
This post is a little late, but better late than never. Lollapalooza was some two weeks ago but the shows are still pretty fresh in my head. Keep in mind, I can't stand music festivals. Why? Port A Potties. When it comes down to it, I can tolerate the sweaty mass of humanity, the humidity, the occasional drunkard that decides to yack very close to me (yes, this happened this year), but what I can't handle are Port A Potties. Call me a snob, but my body literally shuts down.



This year, the line up at Lollapalooza was particularly enticing, with Radiohead opening on the first day and Nine Inch Nails (Kanye was at the other mainstage) closing the festival out, I decided to pony up and go. Port A Potty was lurking in the back of my mind as I was making this mental decision. Luckily (and as if someone was reading my mind), we scored ARTIST PASSES from Evan and Antwoine (The Cool Kids) who were playing at Lolla this year. Thanks guys! This pass was my ticket to getting backstage, the artist lounge which was giving out free food and drinks, and luxury air conditioned portable bathrooms that flushed! SOLD! I was the happiest music festival attendee there.

For three days, I trekked my way to Grant Park and saw some pretty amazing shows, from Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, to Wilco backstage. We didn't make it to the Cool Kids (all the shows were so far apart!) but had we known about the sweet golf carts that were zipping guests with artist passes around the venue, we would've been front and center!

So, what makes me so special to get this pass? Perhaps the Cool Kids are loyal, devoted Toki clients and wanted to give me this as a special thank you? Wrong. Although, I'd love to customize something for them. The real reason lies within this red couch. What can I say? Artist passes for our red couch. If it saves me a trip to a Port A Potty, I will give up this red couch any day. So, can you guys pick it up now?
posted by tokicollection @ 11:49 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Contact
Stores
Press
  • Lucky Magazine
  • InStyle
  • Daily Candy
  • Audrey Magazine
  • Chicago Tribune
  • CS Magazine
Friends
Give
Archive



Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz